The Elizabeth Grady School of Esthetics and Massage Therapy has the following dates schedule for an Informational Sesson:
Tuesday, August 3, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 17, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
All are encouraged to attend! Learn about the programs we offer at the school, meet students and faculty and enjoy refreshments at the Elizabeth Grady School.
If you are unable to join us, please call our Admissions Department at (781) 960-0123 to schedule a time for a personal tour of our school.
SAVE $25 ON ANY MASSAGE TREATMENT
When you massage away stress you look and feel younger. A body massage not only relaxes you, it will improve circulation, break up toxins and alleviates aches and pains. Our massage therapists are also trained in total body skin care to keep your body looking younger longer. Make an appointment now.
Appointments must be in July and August. Not valid on 1/2 hour massage. Expires 08/31/10
It is very well-known that there is a distinct difference between men and women. Consider the different clothing, different features, and often different interests as well. But it doesn’t stop there – a man’s skin is uniquely different from a woman’s. Everyday stresses have an effect on your individual skin care needs. Whether it be shaving, sports activities, or business travel there is one main concern we have for all men: facial hair and shaving.
It seems to be just another piece to the puzzle in the everyday routine for men. Remaining clean-cut and smooth seems to be the desired look above the scruffy, 5 o’clock shadow, but this may be doing more damage than you think. Why? The steps to prepare the skin for its next shave and the steps taken post-shave are crucial – and need to be done correctly.
Your Steps to the Perfect Shave:
- Always wash your face first. With warm water, use Vitamin E Cleansing Gel or Azulene Cleanser with a washcloth to cleanse the skin. This aids in removing dead skin and loosening ingrown hairs. If you have sensitive skin, do not scrub vigorously.
- After cleansing, heat your razor blade by running it under hot water.
- Apply Oil Free Moisturizer lightly over the beard area to buffer the skin from the shaving cream. (If you use shaving cream directly over the area it may cause some irritation.)
- It’s now time to shave. Make sure to use light pressure and shave in the opposite direction of growth – this allows for a closer shave. However, if you are prone to ingrown hairs then it may be more beneficial (and less painful in the long run) to shave with the direction of hair.
- Once you have finished shaving, make sure to spray or splash with Lavender Hydrating Lotion (yes, we said lavender). Follow this by applying Oil Free Moisturizer or Sensitivity Protection Cream to soothe irritation, and reduce redness and blotchiness.
- DO NOT use fragrance or after shave lotions on freshly shaved skin. Why? Fragrances contribute to redness and irritation, and the high alcohol content that is commonly found in after shave causes the skin to become dry and tight.
- Most important? Make sure to change your blade every two shades.
So, men: skin care is for you too. Come in to any Elizabeth Grady location and book your appointment today!
1-800-FACIALS or www.elizabethgrady.com.
This season its okay to settle for less – after all, less is more! Right now, come take advantage of the BUY THREE GET ONE FREE Waxing Sale at Elizabeth Grady! Beach weather is on its way…are you ready?
At Elizabeth Grady we have waxing for everyone! Go with a full bikini or Brazilian bikini: leave a little, or take it all off. With our estheticians being experts in the area of waxing it’s safe, gentle, effective and long-lasting. Buy your three bikinis and get one free so you can enjoy the latest in high- and low-cut swimwear and lingerie.
This promotion is good through May 31st so get your wax on!
A few helpful tips to prepare you for your appointment:
- To help reduce the pain (especially for first-timers), taking some ibuprofen or aspirin an hour prior to the appointment is recommended. Although waxing is somewhat painful, the more experienced the person doing the treatment, the less likely it will be so uncomfortable.
- Try to avoid swimming or sunning 24 hours leading up to the wax as well as the 24 hours following your appointment. It is normal for the skin to have redness or bumps for a short amount of time; ice may help this irritation.
- The type of underwear worn is entirely left up to the person getting the waxing done; however, it may be easier to wear a thong since there is less material to interfere with the treatment. Also, it is recommended to wear older underwear and clothing, or something that may be easier to wash due to residue wax that will most likely end up on the underwear and clothes post-visit.
- Set aside ample time for your appointment. If you choose to have a Brazilian wax, expect at least a 30-minute timeframe for the entirety of the session. Times may change depending on the type of wax and the person who is doing it.
Lastly, say “Goodbye” to shaving and “Hello” to Elizabeth Grady! Book your appointment today: call 1-800-FACIALS or go to www.elizabethgrady.com for a location nearest you!
We all know the saying, ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ but what about an orange? Oranges are very high in Vitamin C, and it is generally what the doctor recommends to fight a cold. However, new studies show it can do even more! Vitamin C can also be used to prevent and even reverse aging skin. Here at Elizabeth Grady, we like the sounds of that!
For the month of April, and in the celebration of Spring (finally) we have your Vitamin C savings. All of our Vitamin C Services and Products are on sale! In what form do you want to receive your daily dose?
- Non Surgical Facial
- Five Star Facial
- Vitamin C Firming & Lightening Facial
- Age Defying Eye Treatment
- Intensive Brightening Eye Treatment
- Dual Action Refining Crème
- Eye Care Anti-Age Crème
Why is Vitamin C so good for your skin? It is an antioxidant that fights against ultraviolet radiation that leads to aging skin. Vitamin C acts as the first defense against this type of damage. Also, it is an essential factor for the maintenance and growth of collagen – the key component of most tissues.
So welcome the upcoming weather ahead with your Vitamin C fix! April starts your Vitamin C boost at Elizabeth Grady, so book an appointment today: 1-800-FACIALS or www.elizabethgrady.com. Orange you excited for April?